Newark, Ohio, is a city in Licking County, east of Columbus, with a population of just under 50,000. With a crime rate higher than both the Ohio and United States average, it is not unusual for a Newark resident to be facing a serious criminal charge. Common offenses seen in Licking County include:
- Assault or aggravated assault
- Domestic violence or violating a protection order
- Drug possession and trafficking, especially of heroin or cocaine
- Theft crimes and criminal damaging
- Weapons offenses, such as unlawfully carrying a concealed handgun
An accusation of a criminal offense of any kind is a very serious matter. It is important to find a criminal defense attorney to advise you of your rights immediately. When choosing a lawyer in Newark, look for one that is passionate about helping you and understanding of the fact that one mistake should not haunt you for the rest of your life.